Tuesday, January 10, 2006

A change of ISP - II

So far so good.

Last week the BT engineer installed the new line. He go it done in one visit and only managed to disconnect our existing connection for an hour or so so I regard that as a huge triumph. I don't think I ever recall BT getting anything done in one visit Berea. Mind you, I don't know for sure that it actually works yet.

We couldn't connect up last week because the ISP hasn't got any of the routers they were supposed to send us in stock until I asked them why they hadn't sent it. Hmm.

This evening I was supposed to connect us up by sticking another network card into our communications server and configuring it all to work alongside our old connection. Unfortunately my certainty that we had a spare PCI slot in the server was completely wrong. We have some ISA slots but all the old ISA cards we have are so old that I couldn't get any working. Abandoned until I can get a USB network card.

It's sort of refreshing to have the opportunity to cock something up myself rather than leaving it to BT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home